July 19, 2008

When RL and SL merge, you get....

Generally my little sparks of creativity and artistry are inspired by emotions that I'm feeling iRL, as I'm sure many of you can agree with. But yesterday, my SL reflected my RL emotions after having witnessed one of my colleagues tell a child (16 years old) that she had cancer. Not often in pediatric primary care do you have to tell someone news like that, but it was a thought that stayed with me long after I got home from work yesterday.


So not wanting to spread my mood upon everyone, and completely unable to shake the thought from my mind, I hopped in my photosphere wearing a dress with an apt enough name to portray my feelings and my favorite tattoos.. and started snapping away. The emotions I felt helped me to capture something within these photos..


When you realize you can't be the superhero all the time, you resign to something much more honest and innocent. Just a little something I thought I'd share with the world...

~LR~
Color Me Beauty; Discover Me Reverie

LauraRose is wearing...
Tattoo: "Wired Garden" by Garden of Ku
Dress: "Corpse Dress" by Kyoot Army
Skin: "MMS Zero Light_GiftB" by Minnu Model Skins
Hair: "W&Y yuki 37 in black" by WAKA & Yuki

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it amazing, how sometimes, our avatars emote our rl emotions, thus allowing sl to help us deal and heal.

Melissa Peterson said...

aww, That had to have been tough. I often times find myself doing the same as you. Lately, I have only really been in SL when something is bothering me in RL and i need to escape it. But isn't it nice that we live in a time where we can use technology in such a way.
Love you LR
Hope you have a great week!!

Melissa
Mnemonic

 
design by suckmylolly.com