July 2, 2008

Discovery Series: [kk cachoo] by Narumi Watanabe

I am so excited to share this next Discovery Series post with you. Today I get to showcase the work of my longtime friend, Narumi Watanabe, and her store KK Cachoo!


Pictured above: Narumi Watanabe in front of the store logo for KK Cachoo
(Random factoid about Numi: She's a self-proclaimed Harry Potter nerd!)

In all honesty, I first discovered KK Cachoo during a fit of boredom. I was looking for new places to shop, and looking at my friends' groups in their profiles one day, stumbled upon her group, and got to exploring! One of the things that Narumi (affectionately known as "Numi") and I share is a common "nerd-bond"-- we both dabble in some Harry Potter roleplay! And when I walked into her store, she had this cute football-style Slytherin jersey--which I immediately bought! I IMed the creator of this masterpiece on the spot, and that became the beginning of our friendship.. hehe :)

Narumi's shop is filled with great, funky/punky tees, hoodies, and a new line of swimwear.. but if she's made a name for herself with any particular pieces, by far it would be her graphic tees. The style is unique, colorful, and fun.. something I was immediately drawn to (and I'm fairly sure you will be too!). In her own words, she "makes clothing that no one else is".. and I couldn't agree with her more.



Pictured above: Some of my favorite pieces from KK Cachoo
(from left to right) Pretty 'n Punk Zipp!!, Milk 'n Cookies Luv Zipup, Hello Kitty Luv 4ever Hoodie

Narumi has lived all over, but calls Texas, USA home. Inspired by Japanese fashion, her creations bring an element of her own RL style into SL. Numi describes her personal style as variable, but she states she likes whatever is cute!

Numi is *always* working on something new, so join the KK Cachoo Update Group to stay in-the-know! She treats her group members very well, so you definitely won't be dissapointed! And a quick note, KK Cachoo shares a store parcel with Store with No Name, a store run by Numi's SL mom and aunt! They sell really cute accessories and furniture.. definitely worth a look while you're out shopping!

So if you're in the mood for something funky, fresh, and new.. grab the closest LM and head over to KK Cachoo! What are you waiting for?! Discover me!

KK Cachoo @ Phoenix Dreaming

~LR~


Pictured above: Myself and Numi inside KK Cachoo!

Photo Credits:
LauraRose is wearing:
Hair: Diversity Hair "Sydney" in Black
Skin: [lessthan3] Glam Skin- "Queenie" (pre-release)
Shirt: [k k cachoo] "holdyrbreath top"
Jeans: mia "ragged jeans"

Narumi is wearing:
Hair:
Junwave "Rockgirl"
Skin: ~obscene~ "milk - base"
Jacket:
[k k cachoo] "tokidoki camo zipup"
Shorts:
[k k cachoo] "shawty bordered leos"
Belt:
~Be Casual~ "Smoke Belt"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey LR!
I love your blog! I just started my SL blog now. I already had one but i wanted a new one :D

Anyways, just stopping by to say HI!!

Melissa
Mnemonic

 
design by suckmylolly.com